Monday, May 11, 2009

Catchy Titles Grab Attention

To start off another typical day, I help two friends waxing their black Bimmer and silver Honda Accord. Burrito Azteca's Chicken Quesadillas' flavor doesn't fulfill my taste buds' needs, however load my stomach. Books and magazines are enjoyable to read with a Green Tea Frappuccino. Later in the day I find myself wandering the aisles of a book store. Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs! Wow! What the heck!


A woman neighboring me weaves into my thought released remark. "That is a catchy title," she mentions, as I grab the book from the shelf momentarily. My perception of this person was curiosity to see if there was more to meets the eye with her. I wouldn't want to end up on the mourning news, because I was kidnapped by a book store girl. A person's conversation is a river flow that can go either one way or to many paths. We formed a common ground instantly by our contribution of commonalities. It turns out she is an aspiring Journalist with experience in the acting field too. So was I. The conversation grew by our exchange of stories.

In a flash of light, we were sitting down at a table continuing the conversation. I'm not that easy, I have to get to know someone before we sit down together. She told me about a time when she was performing at Kaiser Permanente in comparison to a Patch Adams character. "In the middle of it my mind was blank so I improvised and ended up leaving the stage with no one knowing I messed up "she proclaimed. I like her good energy and expressive personality. I wonder if she's like this towards her family and friends. I couldn't stay for long, because I had to rejoin my homie at some point. In another flash of light, the book store announced it's closing soon while we were still talking. I left with my friend with a thought in mind. Catchy titles do grab attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment