Monday, May 25, 2009

Monterrey since the Third Grade

The buzzing sound only means one thing to my ear in the mourning; someone is calling me. I received an invitation to travel to Monterrey with my friend, his girlfriend, and her younger brother. The last time I went there was on a third grade field trip to go whale watching and visit the aquarium. The bus we took was supposedly an upper class version with cushion seats and a single bathroom. The window seat was the best, because I can view the vast scenery. I remember jumping on a boat for the first time at Monterrey. The cold wind brushes against my face as I hold onto the silver railings. Motion of the boat's speed causes my throat to spill out hot spew. Waves started to crush vigorously while I gazed at the uncontrollable sea. There goes an enormous whale jumping and plunging into the blue water ten miles away. I was impressed by the whale's magnificent ability to maneuver. It's a shame that I don't recall much of the trip to the aquarium. It's very vague in detail.

Today was a different story indeed. There was a brick wall housing a clothing store filled with Monterrey/beach apparel. The younger brother is a photographer equipped with an expensive camera that captures images superbly. I posted against the brick wall to see what he can do for future photo shoots. After walking around foggy Monterrey, we settled at a sea food restaurant. The creamy clam chowder in a soft bread bowl is delicious. Next on today's list was going to my friend's cousins' Memorial Day BBQ. His cousin helped me alternate my iphone; while I ate BBQ coated chicken, spice tingling hot dogs, and to top it off with a toothsome root beer float. After all the walking in Monterrey, this feast was absolutely a treat. In third grade, I would have never guessed the possibilities of technology today. Super Nintendo or the Sega Genesis was top of the line in my childhood. Now its things like the computer, the Xbox, and the cell phone that makes anything possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment